Friday 4 April 2014

Block

"You haven't posted on your blog for ages," says Benji.

"I know. I haven't had anything to write about."

"Perhaps you have writers' block. You should post about writers' block."

It's probably not so much writers' block as triathlon block. A general trough of apathy has followed the duathlon.  It's not been without it's highlights, most notably a 25:10 parkrun 5k, and an 8.5k lunchtime run, but otherwise it's a litany of missed training and underwhelming effort.

To underline the gloomy outlook, today my knees age about 30 years of their own volition.  It starts with a hill reps session with Greg.  The warm up run is fine, but as soon as we start the first run up the hill, the inside of my right knee pings and I have to stop. It's another few minutes before I can go again, and then it's gingerly.

Over the course of the afternoon, my left knee decides it needs a bit of the action too.  By the time I get home, climbing the stairs is a chore. This cannot be good.  It it maybe life's way of telling me that I really should get back to swimming. I haven't been for two weeks.  Perhaps, just perhaps, this is the opportunity I need to discover my inner dolphin.

No comments:

Post a Comment