Wednesday 12 February 2014

Forgetful

Training is getting a bit harder now.  Not physically, but largely just remembering to do it.  With various things happening, not to mention the diabolical weather, it's difficult from one week to the next to have a predictable slot for training, and therefore it becomes simple to forget about it, at least until the point when it then feels like a bit of a chore because you've just settled down with your cuppa to watch the luge doubles and a bit of curling.

Still, highlights of the week:

  • Thursday's 3 mile run.  On Saturday I'll likely take a first stab at the Parkrun
  • Three laps on the bike around the Iford and Tuckton bridges on Sunday.  A decent stint - roughly 12 miles, about 45 minutes, average 16.6mph (thanks Strava for losing my data) - but the headwind at Iford was horrible.  
  • Swim night moved from Monday to Tuesday this week.  Still crap.  On the plus side, I was vaguely successful at learning to breathe to the right as well as the left.  The asymmetry is extraordinary though.  Breathing to the left is perfectly smooth.  Breathing to the right feels like I'm throwing my whole body out the water like a begoggled Kraken, and still I take in a lungful of chlorine.  Will keep working on it.  There's no real benefit to it, other than a bit of variety, and every decent swimmer I see can do it, so I'm hoping there's some piece of magic there that will make me go faster.

No comments:

Post a Comment