Tuesday 7 January 2014

Tribbath

Tuesday is rest day, the Sabbath, or Tribbath if you will.  A chance for muscles to catch up and bones to rest, and a chance to ponder the first week.  The physical effort exerted is relatively minimal - probably around 800m of swimming in total, about 3 miles of running, and no cycling except for the usual 4 mile round trip on the daily commute.  The mental effort, however, is considerable.  I'm suddenly perked up, motivated.  Wanting to get out and exercise, keen to eat right (no thanks to the Dev team), keen to push myself and find out what I can do.  This may or may not last, but at the moment it feels pretty good.  I end up telling everyone about the triathlon, not to impress, but simply because it's an exciting thing right now.  In some ways, 6 months seems like a long time to wait to do this thing. Bart suggests that perhaps I'm only doing the triathlon to give me something to blog about.  Maybe he's right. 

Tomorrow: cycling. At lunchtime, I think about the saddle position on my bike.  For months I've noticed the nose in the air, and struggling to get comfortable reaching for the handlebars, and for months I've been doing it tomorrow.  In my new found enthusiasm, I rush out to the bike shed to adjust it.  A five minute job, and on the ride home I wonder why on earth I hadn't bothered for so long.  


No comments:

Post a Comment