Sunday 29 June 2014

Race Face

One week to go.  What's done is done.  Any attempt at improvement now is surely too little, too late.  The regrets start to take shape - the weeks of missed swim sessions, the lack of training structure, the all-too-regular food and wine indulgence.  What I do know is that I probably won't die, and barring an incident I'll finish the race.  What I don't really know is where I'll come or what time I'll post.  I like to think I'll get under 1:40, but looking at last year's results, that'll actually put me in the bottom 10%, and I actually think I'm better than that.  I guess there's only one thing to do, and that's to race.

Most important preparation - getting your race face on.  Let's see...


Too surprised. I don't want my rivals thinking I've wandered into the race by accident.


Too thoughtful.  Fine for the office, not fine for a triathlon.  It's no place for a ponder, it's all about action.


Too Brucey.  No-one wants a fat Bruce Forsyth in a wetsuit.


Too Easter Island.  Just plain weird.


Perfect.

No comments:

Post a Comment